- Build a prosperous middle class with good green jobs
- Lower small business payroll tax and support local innovation
- Provincial debt reduction and sustainable budgets
- Support local food, farmers and rural economies
- Create more options for lifelong learning
Our vision is about making choices that generate and sustain us in a way that benefits everyone. We can take advantage of the opportunities around us to transition our economy to one that is efficient and sustainable, based on principles of fairness and resilience, with respect for people, communities and the climate.
The economy is not a stand alone system. We depend on the world around us to create the wealth, goods and services that provide us with our standard of living. We must take into consideration not only what we create, but what we leave behind. Our Green vision for Ontario points us in the direction of a sustainable, renewable and equitable Ontario economy.
“The attack on small business and the structural poverty caused by low ODSP and OW rates are two examples of the failures of both Liberal and Conservative governments. Greens will champion strong local economies to support Ontario companies by dropping payroll taxes. And Greens will help those in need by increasing social assistance.” – Robert Kiley