As your City Councillor, I will always respond to your calls and emails.
And my voting record will help make life more fair and affordable.
I will work for you, for a happier, healthier community.
I’d be glad to share my thoughts about this during my office hours, 1-2pm on Saturday and Sundays (836 Development Dr), as I did here with district resident, Karen.
You can also read more below.
I won’t be able to do all these things alone. And that’s actually a good thing.
It means I have to build consensus with the Mayor, other Councillors, City staff, community groups, businesses, schools, and residents.
But here’s what I’d like to do:
- Create good local jobs by expanding public services and encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Fill in potholes and slow down traffic with lights where they need to be be for smooth, safe streets.
- Review property taxes so everyone in our city, especially the least fortunate and those on fixed incomes, can invest in their loved ones.
- Expand park space and conservation areas to protect the environment and lessen climate change.
- Add more and better bus routes and bike lanes to further active transportation.
- Target social supports, subsidized housing and shelter beds to serve those in need.
- Fund community art projects and sports leagues to help people live happy, healthy lives.
- Protect turtles, pets and other animals so all creatures in our community are cared for.
- Change the way we vote from one choice to many choices for more honest and positive politics.
- Develop the old Nortel site with smart, sustainable, mixed use planning.
- Hold regular meetings and let you grade me each year to build engagement, trust and accountability in politics.
- Use best practices from cities around the world so Kingston can have good growth, socially, environmentally, economically and democratically.