- Manage water as a public trust in the public interest. Ensure public ownership and control of water in Ontario.
- Prioritize public drinking water for communities and people as the top priority for making water use decisions in Ontario.
- Establish a priority of use list for issuing water taking permits.
- Ensure non-essential uses of pumping water are turned off first when low water conditions are identified.
- Phase out the single use bottled water industry in Ontario within ten years.
- Make polluters pay for cleaning up contaminated groundwater by giving the government the power to immediately contain or clean up spills or runoff that threaten aquifers, and pursue remedies through the justice system.
- Require major municipalities to eliminate combined sewer overflows and sewage bypasses which discharge raw sewage into waterways during high volumes of flow.
- Invest in the monitoring and protection of the Great Lakes, including long-term funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and other programs protecting the lakes.