Labour and Workers Rights
- Close the loopholes that can lead to precarious work, including stricter regulations relating to the temp agency industry.
- Recognize the positive role unions have played in the economy, particularly in enhancing safety in the workplace, and encourage opportunities to increase union density.
- Promote democracy in unions and workplaces, and support the democratic right of unions and workers to be engaged in determining their dues structure.
- Make OHIP available to all Ontario residents, including migrant and temporary foreign workers
- End the 3 month waiting period so that OHIP is immediately available for these workers who pay taxes to support public health care.
- Require all company pension plans to be fully funded to meet all their pension obligations in the event of bankruptcy, Overhaul the workplace insurance regime to ensure workers receive help when they need it the most.
- Support and incentivize the organizing of freelance workers to join together in associations that allow them to access group benefits